Show 14 is up, and as usual, we cover lots of stuff.
We talk a lot about the new Cardinality Estimator, why Views are dangerous, and on the other hand, tricks you can do with them, what is the async_network_io wait type, and about another cool little feature in SQL Server 2014.
We also cover two webinars worth watching, and translate (and invent) some words..
Items mentioned in the show:
- Adir Miller at Verint
- CSS Engineers – SQL Server 2014: TEMPDB Hidden Performance Gem
- CSS Engineers – SQL Server 2014’s new cardinality estimator
- Kendra Little – The SQL 2014 Cardinality Estimator Eats Bad TSQL for Breakfast
- Eitan Blumin – Eficiently UPDATE and DELETE using TOP and ORDER BY
- Michael Zilberstein – Clustered Columnstore Index in SQL Server 2014
- Doug Lane – Refactoring T-SQL with Windowing Functions
- Aaron Bertrand – Some great news for Standard Edition customers in SQL Server 2014
- Next User Group Meeting