This show is the second part of our conference season summary. As in part 1, We are with Maria Zakourdaev again, and this time we talk about the professional side of the conferences and share some of the exciting things we learned.
In addition, we have a very special and fun interview with Brent Ozar!
Items mentioned in the show:
- Brent Ozar – Rock Stars, Normal People, and You
- Brent Ozar – Why Index Fragmentation Doesn’t Matter (Video)
- Paul White – Iterators, Query Plans, and Why They Run Backwards
- Paul White – Parallel Query Execution (Video)
- Paul Randal – Index Fragmentation: Internals, Analysis, and Solutions (Video)
- Kimberly Tripp – Skewed Data, Poor Cardinality Estimates, and Plans Gone Bad (Video)
- David DeWitt – Hekaton: Why, What, and How (Video)
- SQLSkills Extended Events Add-In
- Michael Zilberstein – New DMV: yes… no… that’s complicated (look at the comments)
- Thomas LaRock – SQL Someday (Video)