On show 15, as always, we cover a lot of interesting stuff. We talk how our lives and databases will look in the year 2025. We also talk about changes to Azure SQL Database, Interesting webinars, weak passwords, Recompilations, SQL Server 2014, transaction nesting, and much more. Of course we talk about past and future events, and also about the top 3 jobs for DBAs.
Guy also shares his running experience, and explains how a SQL Server feature is related to the post office..
Items mentioned in the show:
- Global Hebrew – Steve Rezhener: Introduction to SSRS, and SSRS on SSRS
- Azure SQL Database Service Tiers and Performance Levels
- SQLDownUnder with Paul Larson
- TechEd North America Lectures
- Pass Application Development – In-Memory OLTP for Developers
- RunAs Radio – SQL 2014 Panel with the SQL Team
- Geri Reshef – Transaction Nesting
- Paul Randal – Most common wait stats over 24 hours and changes since 2010
- Shimon Gibraltar – On Security and Humans: Finding Weak Password in SQL Server
- SQL Server 2014 Managed Lock Priority Prevents Log Truncation